Friday, June 20, 2008

Yesterday we stayed in Riverside, here area few pics from the evening.
There was a youth event in the next town over (Omak, WA). We had the chance to introduce the group, tell about why we're doing this ride and talk to a few people here and there more personally. We also got to listen to a live performance of the band Issacar (spelling?). They were pretty good. I had a chance to talk to one of the guys in the band. He has a great heart for ministering through music.
I also had the chance to make a few friends there in the town, between my host family that we stayed up talking and having a good time with (maybe a bit too late.... especially for getting up at 6)
I also had a chance to meet this wonderful young lady. She made quick friends with everybody on the team. Though, she was a bit shy, she was kind enough to allow me to get a picture with her.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

tRiShA said...

First! I did hear you speak at the Teen Event in Omak! I am doing a "virtual" coast to coast bike ride (I blog about this, too, and I am connected to the local paper.), so I was totally stoked to see you guys at the park, but unfortunately I was on a tight schedule, so I had to get going or else I would've come to meet you in person. I am excited to read about your journey. I shared your link with my readers, and if you want to check out my progress, you can read about it at www.trishaweighsin.blogspot.com.