Friday, June 20, 2008

On our way up to Washington Pass (a couple days ago, now), we found enough snow for me to very easily stand my bike up right. It was quite the climb up there though, with some absolutely gorgeous views. Unfortunately, i hadn't yet perfected how to have my camera handy enough to pull out while I'm riding.... But, one of my three jersey's allows me that functionality.... so I'll work on som more pictures of the ride.
Here is a pictures of some birds we found at the Pass. The animals have been so incredibly trusting. They'll come right up to you. This evening in Republic we've gotten well within 10 feet of several deer, including a nice sized buck. They were just munching away on the grass in the front yard of one of the houses.
This is Stuart, Zach and me. Stuart is from Ireland, he's 62!! The elevation says 5477, but overall, with the ups and downs, we did a total of over 7,000 feet of climbing. I don't remember the exact figure... But it really was a tough day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: