Friday, June 20, 2008

A funny thing

A funny thing happened yesterday. We started our climb (relatively easy day) up to Loup Loup pass, but about an hour into the ride we stopped for a short break. We started moving again, but Bryan (our group leader) had some troubles, went to stop and toppled over, because he didn't get his foot out of the clips soon enough. woops. Well, in the process somewhere, his chain fell off the gears...

I was a little ways up at this point and went back down to see what was going on and if I could help. As I came up, I unclipped my right foot to stop, but as I came to a stop my bike decided to go left instead. Obviously I wasn't ready for that.... Not only did I fall over, and not only was it right next to Bryan, but I even went into the ditch on the side of the road.

I was later questioned about my diving experience, I told them it was great, just needed more water!

No comments: