Friday, June 20, 2008

Update

Now that I have successfully added a few posts to the blog, I wanted to give you all a bit more of an update on past posts. First off, thank you all for your prayers, especially for my physical condition. My Achilles tendons are feeling better, though, my right one was still giving me pain today. My sister, who is in school for Athletic training was able to give me some tips. Ibuprofen and ice... So I stocked up on 200 tablets of ibuprofen, but I'm still looking for an ice gel pack. Hopefully we'll be able to find one this Sunday.

Other than that i feel pretty good. Today I took it pretty easy, though, as I plan to do tomorrow, before our day of rest. So, I think that might help. One thing that was really nice though, as I was hanging back with Jonny and Fiona for the day, Jonny pointed out, that this really isn't a race. There's no sense at all pushing through each day and trying to finish 2 hours early each day, when we can take a few minutes to really stop and take a few pictures, talk to people along the way and just enjoy a pleasant ride through God's creation. I think I'm probably going to make that more of my philosophy over the next days, though, I would like the opportunity to ride with some of the people towards the middle and front at times.

Anyways, God has been good so far, as he has continued to bring in support for Youth for Christ, we haven't had any injuries to speak of (other than the minor bumps cuts and bruises, and sore muscles), we've made our objective each day. Our bikes eiter have not had problems, or he has provided ways for us to get them fixed. It really has been great so far and I am really looking forward to what the next 56 days bring!


Blessings,
Mike


P.S. In case you haven't noteced the extra stuff on the right side, I've got links to some related websites that I would encourage you to check out for more information. I also have a slide show of pictures flipping through of more than what I've posted here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates and the photos Mike.
We are glad that despite the tumbles everyone is OK, I'm sure you are all aching and Sunday will be a relief !!

'Big' Jonny, as his friends call him here, is wise beyond his years !! Tell him & Fiona their sponsorship is progressing well ! And we miss them.

It is excellent to hear that you are all touching the lives of so many people along the way.
We will pray for the riders (and your Achilles' tendon) but also for the support van team who seems to have their work cut out !!

Your Blog helps us visualise the trip. As well as Bryan's Blog. So we are grateful. I have passed the Link on to Jonny's parents too, and it's the first thing I do in the morning, read news of the Ride.

God Bless, safe journey to you all. Viviane

Anonymous said...

Just checked in on your blog, glad to read that you are better. You should be in Colville today, bet the whole team is glad to be done with the passes. I hope you had a good view from the top of Sherman pass, it is truely a sight on a clear day. We'll pray for continued healing tomorrow during Sunday School. Let me know if you need any other prayer or want something on our prayer chain. Lynda is asleep right now but will show her the picture of the two of you tomorrow, she will be excited when she sees it.
May God keep you as you travel,
Roxann (from Riverside)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see everything is going well for you and your teammates. The pictures are beautiful but I'm sure the real thing is absolutely breathtaking. Praying for you as you continue to ride.

Nikki