Sunday, June 22, 2008

On our route yesterday (Saturday), we passed a forest that had burned down about 20 years ago. Instead of cutting down the burnt timb er and replanting the forest, though, they decided to allow it to just regrow naturally. It was really interesting seeing mostly just small trees amid a forest of dead tree trunks. Kind of eerie. But at the same time it is cool to see the way that God set up creation to work and grow out of so much damage.
One of the views on the way up to our highest point of our ride (Sherman Pass). I'm glad to have that hill behind us. We've just got one more plateau tomorrow, a couple days of flat, the Montana Rockies, and then we'll be in the planes. I'm really not sure if I'm looking forward to those or not.... The flat will be nice, but the view won't change much.... But, I say that and am reminded that i'm not on this ride for the views, though they are a nice benefit. I'm here for the military youth.
Our team at Sherman pass!
And last but not least, the view last night from the front patio of the house I'm staying at last night and tonight. It's amazing to me how God designs each sunset in a completely new and wonderful way!

Also, a side note, we're working on getting everyone's blog addresses posted on each other's pages. I need to get all of the URLs, so be looking for that in the coming days.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superb pictures. Glad it's going well. god Bless you all. Viviane