Sunday, June 15, 2008

Anacortes

After church, getting my bike put back together and going out for a short ride with Paul (one of the my teammates from England) to make sure everything was in order, my host family took me out for a drive around the Anacortes area. I wanted to just post a couple pictures for everyone to see. I've been told by many people that this area of the US is beautiful, and I would have to agree with them all.
Thanks to the clear weather today, I was able to see Mt. Baker (top, to the North East), Washington Park (center), and the San Jaun Islands to the west (bottom, out in Puget Sound). Obviously, this was all right around sun set. I was also able to just barely make out Mt. Ranier to the south, but it was a bit too hazy for a piture.
I'm looking forward to getting underway on Tuesday. I've already had the chance to talk to a couple people about the work of Military Community Youth Ministries in Europe, and I'm looking forward to meeting and talking to many more people across the US. I've got 51 host families that I'll be staying with yet.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grateful to know how things are for the Team. I'm Fiona's Mum and will follow your Blog for general news if it's OK with you.
Well done, thank you & God bless. Viviane

Anonymous said...

Grateful to know how things are for the Team. I'm Fiona's Mum and will follow your Blog for general news if it's OK with you.
Well done, thank you & God bless. Viviane

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Mike. Be safe and God bless.

Nikki