Friday, June 13, 2008

On my way

Dear Friends,
In just a few hours I'll be boarding my plane to Philadelphia and then on to Seattle. That'll give me enough time to arrive in Anacortes, WA, get my bike rebuilt, make any last minute adjustments, etc., and get ready for to start biking on Tuesday morning. I'm really looking forward to that!

I wanted to first let everyone know that from now on most of my updates will be to my blog and not via email. I will make an effort to get at least one email out each week, but the blog seems like a more effective way to communicate with everyone. Here is the link again: http://mcsc2c@blogspot.com If you would prefer an email or other communication, please, let me know.

Also, more importantly, I want to send another quick general thank you to everyone who has and is supporting me and YFC in any way. Whether that is by partnering in prayer (I know I will need it!), with finances or simple notes of encouragement that have come at the times when I've needed it the most. Thank you, all!

I also wanted to make sure that everyone knows that through your generosity, I have raised over $8,100 towards the mission of YFC to military teens in Europe. I posted a blog entry a couple days ago, mentioning how God was unbelievably faithful in his provision for this trip. I'd recommend that you go read the post (Link), but in short it covers God unbelievable provision to cover the required $6,500 of fundraising even before I realized he had done it! And just to prove his point he had an extra $4.50 in my account! He is good.

Anyways, I need to finish packing the last couple things and go to bed. I've got a long day of flying ahead of me tomorrow.

Thank you again for all of you prayers and support!
In Christ,
Mike

P.S. There is a new Sea to See official blog page if you'd like to follow our progress there as well (http://www.yfcseatosee.blogspot.com/)

No comments: