Friday, August 8, 2008

What started out as more or less an average day for us, quickly turned into a day with a lot of rain. As I've mentioned before, the team has seen very little rain for the whole trip up to this point, only about 20 minutes! So, none of us really had the experience to ride today. At least I didn't...
I started out with just my jersey, shorts and jacket, thinking that the rain would probably only last 20 minutes at most. Well, by the end of a 20 minute torential downpour with no end in sight I was starting to get cold, and by the time we caught up to the sag wagon about 15 miels down the road I was just cold; not really thinking about much else. At that point I was worried about how the day was going to turn out...

Dan loaned me a pair of leg warmers, and I put on a long sleeve shirt and my full fingered gloves. That made all the difference. We had a couple more instances of heavy rain throughout the day, and pretty much a constant light rain at minimum until lunch. After lunch, the rain let up for the last leg of our ride into Redfield, NY.

By the way, the second picture is actually of Dan. I was halfway across the mud when he suggested taking pictures, so I took his and he took mine. I haven't gotten the pic from him, yet...

Tomorrow we have a long 120 mile day from Redfield to Newcomb, NY. It looks like its going to get pretty hilly, but the weather should besunny with the wind pushing us along more or less. We'd really appreciate your prayers for the ride tomorrow and for the continued work of YFC around the world.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to know you made it through the drippy day! A 'memorable' send off, yes? Prayers for you all - expecially our 'boys' the Hermans