Thursday, March 27, 2008

Friends and Family,
I wanted to take a couple minutes to write and give you an update on the Youth for Christ bike ride this summer. I know some of you may not have seen my first letter which I sent out in the middle of February. I have it posted online at my blog (where all of my updates will be posted), http://MCSc2c.blogspot.com/. If you'd rather, I can also email or send you a copy, just let me know.

Anyways, since my last letter, God has been gracious through eight friends to provide $575, and a church in California has committed to $600 through offerings during their summer VBS program! Though that is still a long ways short of the $100,000 goal that I have set to raise for the military youth ministries and Youth for Christ overseas, but I trust that God will move and is moving in powerful ways to provide.

One thing that I will be starting to work on tomorrow is a short video clip (which my dad suggested) that I will be able to send out to churches and individuals that I can't visit personally. The clip will give a brief explanation of what I'm doing, a little bit about the ministry of Youth for Christ and Military Community Youth Ministries, fundraising goals and purpose, etc. Answer the basic questions.

One particular prayer request that I have is that I would be more diligent about my training. I did take spring break and go for a couple long bike rides, though the weather in Ohio wasn't very cooperative. It seems that school work and other commitments quickly eat up any time that I could be on my bike, even if it's just a few minutes during the day, I feel like it's not worth it to take the bike out since I don't as long to ride as I would have liked. Which of course, it makes logical sense to just get out and ride no matter how much time I actually have…. I just need to get that through my head.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

In Christ,
Mike Scott
MCSc2c@gmail.com
http://www.firstgiving.com/michaelscott

No comments: